Monday, July 18, 2011

Ya Gotta Tabata!

Everyone is trying to do something to trim down or tone up. If you are anything like me this does not entail working out. I know, I know, not everyone wants to hear that I lost a total of 100lbs by eating and supplementing and NOT exercising, BUT it's the truth. I recently went to a women's event and got a workout revelation. I realized another truth... My butt jiggles and in the after quake of my butt jiggling, my thighs shake ! I'm rethinking my stance on not working out.

 I sat at my table listening to Jenny Donelly speak about having a slight edge in life.. anything in life can be a slight edge in the positive or the negative. The only problem with my ears was that my eyes were checking out Jenny's butt. I was day dreaming about how amazing it looked and wondering how she got that thing, and how it would look on me!?? I'm sorry, that's a girl for ya. OMG, HOW'D YOU GET THAT BUTT?! I want one! That phrase can be translated into every area of our lives right? OMG, WHERE'D YOU GET THAT OUTFIT? OMG WHERE'D YOU GET YOUR HAIR DONE?  Stop thinking I'm weird and don't act like you don't know what I'm talking about, girls can be ruthless. HA HA Back to The Slight edge: Simple discipline repeated over time will create success. I'm going over my notes and I'll give you the simple solutions to having that transformation of "success" over time ( success being a firm butt and toned thighs of course).


Exercise Shapes your body, what you put in your mouth let's your shape be seen. Eating is what you do everyday that will accumulate over time to achieve either weight gain or weight loss. You can achieve a Slight edge in the negative or a slight edge in the positive. You can decide what your results will be over time by eating INTENTIONALLY. I learned how to eat intentionally and how to supplement my diet to get the fat off my body but now it's time to take things to a new level. It's time to TABATA!!

Jenny Showed us a few moves, which caused the shaking and quaking, but she say's Tabata is pretty much what she does for her workout. It was a 4 minute drill consisting of squats and punches. You can go at whatever speed you want because we all start at different physical abilities.   The goal is to do as many squats ( tapping your butt on a chair positioned behind you) as you can in 20 seconds, rest for 10 sec then arm punches for 20 sec and rest for 10. Repeat this for 4 minutes.  You can add more sets of 4 minute drills as you progress. Now, for people who have been working out for a while, you can kick it up a notch by jumping in the air at the top of your squat. Needless to say, I did NOT jump. I'm lucky I even made it back up from tapping my butt on my chair. My tap almost turned into " I've fallen and I can't get up". By the grace of God I made it through, although my punching was in slow motion in order to sloooooow the jiggling down.


Remember one time of working out isn't going to do much but if you
1. Eat intentionally
2. Tabata 3 days a week
3. Stay consistent
In 90 days you can expect to see a change. I'm such an instant gratification person. I would work out one day and expect to see firm muscles. When I didn't, I would think, "well, all that nasty sweat and pain is NOT worth it". Now I think of everything in 90 day cycles. Just know that doing Tabata 3 days a week rolls into 12 times a month, which rolls into 36 times in 3 months, and ultimately 144 times in a year. Guess what... that's 144 more times you worked out than the year before. Your body has no choice but to change it's shape and conform to what you are intentionally doing. Just be sure you intentionally change what you are putting in your mouth because all that hard work doing Tabata won't be seen unless you shed the inches to show it off.

For more info on what to put in your mouth - CLICK HERE ( it comes with a menu of what I suggest to eat for optimal results) This is exactly what I do everyday.

For more info on Tabata and other routines CLICK HERE ( Jenny Donnelly's workout)

1 comment:

  1. LOL!! Thanks for sharing :) Now I gotta Tabata too! But if I fall.. and can't get up.. I'm callin' you! ;)

    ReplyDelete