Thursday, April 14, 2011

Dinner Ruined

My Dinner was a flop last night. Ever been frantically trying to get everything done around the house AND get dinner made by a certain time so you can get out the door. We have sports of some kind every single night. Along with Church and helping people with the 24 Day Challenge AND just trying to have family time fit in there somewhere.... ALL OF WHICH I LOVE! But... sometimes I feel like my head is spinning. Oh, did I mention I home school my kids. :) Yes,That too....(here's a taste of that part of my day, teaching Zyion)
                         

 Everyone had to be out of the house by different times and dinner had to be done by 5. So I start multitasking.. telling everyone to do this, that, and the other ( whats the other?). Anyway, I recruit my oldest ( Isaiah) to help me make dinner. I'm making Flank Steak (yum) and quinoa, with fruit for a side. Isaiah is stirring the quinoa to brown it. I'm running from one room to the next and then.. I SMELL IT. Something weird, something not quite right?! I run to the kitchen and Isaiah is still stirring. I see some smoke coming from the pot. He looks completely calm and unaware. I check out the quinao and its scorched! I'm thinking, why are you just sitting there stirring this still? If you didn't smell it, surely you SEE IT. Of course at 14 yrs old nothing is their fault, and says, "well you didn't tell me" .... Down the drain it goes!


So dinner was ruined and I had NO time to make more, besides the fact that it was the last of the quinua anyway.  On a good note... We ate Flank Steak lol It was good with fruit?....at least no one complained. I think they new better than to mention a word.

No comments:

Post a Comment